Rob is originally from Seward, Nebraska, and is a 1997 graduate of Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln, Nebraska, with a B.A. in History and Business Administration. Rob graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law in 2000.
Following law school, Rob joined the law firm of Swanson, Engler, Gordon, Benne & Clark, L.L.L.P. in Burlington, Iowa, where he was a partner until 2013, when he joined the Burlington, Iowa law firm of Robberts, Kirkman & Engler, L.L.L.P.? In Burlington, Rob had a general practice, but focused on the areas of Divorce and Family Law, Social Security Disability Law, Workers’ Compensation, and Personal Injury, while also providing services in the area of Criminal Defense, Real Estate Law and Probate. Rob also provided mediation services in Divorce and Family Law cases.
Rob joined Cambridge Law Firm as an associate in 2017 and will continue to practice in the areas of Divorce and Family Law, Social Security Disability Law, Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, Real Estate Law, and Probate.
Rob, his wife, and their five children reside in Atlantic, Iowa.
- Divorce and Family Law
- Social Security Disability
- Civil Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Real Estate
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law?– Lincoln, Nebraska, 2000
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Nebraska Wesleyan University – Lincoln, Nebraska,?1997
Bachelor of Arts, History and Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Iowa State Bar Association, 2000-present
- Des Moines County Bar Association, 2000-2016 (past Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Iowa Title Guaranty
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- Iowa Association for Justice (formerly Iowa Trial Lawyers Association)
- Iowa Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Past Member, Burlington Public Library Board of Directors
Speeches and Seminars
- Des Moines County Bar Association – Social Security Disability Update, 2015
- Des Moines County Bar Association – Practice Pointers in Family Law Mediation, 2016